Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 2009

Date: Nov 26, 2009 12:05 PM
Dear Family,
To answer some of the questions of my mother:
Yes, I do have gym time every day. The weight lifting machines a very humble but slightly effective if used right. Mostly I just run and do pullups. Some people have accused me of being a ninja, gymnast, cage fighter, soccer player, and cross-country runner. But no one thinks I might be a swimmer! I mean really, the soccer one is especially getting old.

Yes I indeed got all my shots so that was fun. One of the nurses asked if I happened to be from Texas. Wondering if maybe the Spirit had spoken to her, I said yes. She then pulled out a foot long, massive, delicious looking, candy sucker in the shape of Texas. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

My room is almost the exact same as my dorm room at BYU was, with bunk beds. It’s ok. Not especially awesome but not horrible. The beds are quite uncomfortable though. We think it’s to prevent us from sleeping in.

Yes, I received all of the packages and letters that my family has sent me. I appreciate them so much it is slightly ridiculous. It feels like Christmas every time we go to the mail box to see if we got anything. Emails are cool, but I can only check them once a week. Letters can be read every day.

I would like to thank Aunt Susan for the wrap up of the AMA’s. It seems like people are a little crazy with Michael Jackson fever. Taylor Swift was obviously getting consolation prizes for the massacre with Kanye.

When I said in my last email that Elder Holland was coming to speak, I was wrong. It was actually Elder Oaks which is pretty much still super awesome. Today though, we had Elder Holland for our Thanksgiving Devotional. It was possibly the most powerful sermon I have ever heard in my life. The things he said spoke to me so personally it was other-worldly. I won’t go into details because there is faaaaar to much to put down.

Again, I’m having an amazing time at the MTC. I miss you all very much and happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Love,
Elder Cryer
PS: I can’t write/email people if I don’t have their addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment