Friday, July 9, 2010

THIS

Just sent an SD card along, over 300 pics and a few surprises. Quiet time, writing this note, waiting for tranfers. Our guardians are doing strange things outside, as always. Madagascar goes on much the way it has for the past decade. The political situation is stagnant. Hundreds of thousands of jobs have left the country as foreign companies have pulled out, aide gone. Poverty is everywhere. Everyone asks us for money.

One thing that I am so thankful for is the gospel. When those who are humble and searching come to us, we do have the gosepl of Jesus Christ to share. The tranforming powers of the gospel is there. No matter their circumstances, rich or poor, happy or sad, prideful of humble - it will put them in a place which is so much better than before, the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life. That precious fruit which is white above all else and magnificent to taste and behold is the real gift we are giving.

I am so thankful I am right here, right now in Madagascar, doing the Lord's work. For me, at this point in my life, there is nothing more important for me to be doing. For now, the Lord has called me for THIS.

I don't have a back-up so I'll pray extra hard that the SD card arrives. I miss you guys. Be safe, have fun, read the scriptures.

Love,
Elder Matthew Tyler Cryer

No comments:

Post a Comment